Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Post # 15 - I’M DEEP IN LOVE WITH YOU, ABBA FATHER


Romans 8:15 & 16 tells us, “For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, ‘Abba! Father!’ The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God” (NASB).

Look at how The Message paraphrases this passage: “This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike ‘What's next, Papa?’ God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who He is, and we know who we are: Father and children.”

The incredible miracle of the Spirit of God residing deep within us touches our spirits and confirms who we truly are. At the same time, His indwelling presence supernaturally reveals the true nature of our loving daddy in heaven. What incredible intimacy between a Father and his son or daughter!

As I was having my quiet time in Psalm 46, I sensed God leading me to personalize what David was saying. It helped me experience God as my loving Father.

Father God, You alone are my mighty and impenetrable fortress. You are always ready to help me in my times of trouble. Right now my life is in the midst of a serious and painful impasse. But since You are my Mighty Fortress, I don't need to be afraid! Though the earth trembles and the mountains tumble into the deepest sea, You are here within me. Let the ocean roar and foam, and its raging waves shake the mountains because You are the One who comforts me.

There is a river within me and its streams bring joy to my heart because my sacred home is in You, my Most High God. You reside deep within me so that I won't be shaken. You will help me at dawn because Your tender mercies are new each and every morning.

Look how the nations rage and how entire Kingdoms fall and crumble! At Your voice, oh God, the earth itself melts. You are the LORD God Almighty. The All-Powerful One is with me. The God of Jacob is my fortress.

Come! See the fearsome things my LORD God Almighty has done on earth. My God brings wars to an end all over the world. YOU break the arrows, shatter the spears, and burn the shields. My God says, "Calm down, be still and learn that I am HE! All nations on earth will honor Me." The LORD All-Powerful is with us. The God of Jacob is my Fortress.
I'd love to hear what God is communing within you. The easiest way to share is by double clicking on the title "Post #15..." and conveying what you sense Him saying on the bottom of the page. If that doesn't work, drop me an email at rustybach@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment