Sunday, June 29, 2014

He Satisfies the Thirsty


I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing {John 15:1-5 NASB}.

Looking out the window, I see trees and vegetation at different stages of vitality, growth, and health. How healthy am I, Lord Jesus? Am I a flourishing plant, a dying one, a tree that needs trimming or somewhere in between? How do You see me today, Lord?


Would You cause / permit the wind of Your Spirit to blow across the embers of my heart

I am here, for you, and not against you. Be still and know Me … that I am God alone and that there is no other. Sensuality is a cruel master … do not yearn for her. She will only let you down. Purity, holiness, and wholeheartedness is where True Life is to be found. Stay close to Me … seek Me and you will find Me and I will fill you with good things.

I want to stay close to You … to know You intimately … You in me, and I in You, perfectly joined together, walking in unity. But, so much of the time I feel so weak and so easily distracted. I find it difficult to stay present to You during my morning quiet times. I am very aware of the truth that apart from You I can do nothing, yet with You I also see that all things are possible. Empower me from within to walk closely with You today and throughout this coming week. I need You!

Remember how I’ve spoken to You before through Proverbs 3:5 through 8 in The Message:

Trust Me from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for My voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; I’m the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to Me! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life!

Thank You, Father for Your word to me this morning. I am refreshed in You and ready for a new day and week.

YOU ARE GOD by The Katinas

No comments:

Post a Comment