Monday, February 22, 2016

I Will Be Still & Know You Are God



I love to listen for and to Your still small voice in the morning. I exercise Your authority by binding the other voices to silence and listen: What is Your quickening and empowering word for me this morning? Part of Jeremiah 23:29 came to mind:
 
“Is not My word like fire?” says Adonai,
“or like a hammer that shatters rock?”

Yes it is, Lord God Almighty. You have exalted Your Word as in Psalm 138:2:

“I bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your 
name for Your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for You 
have exalted above all things Your name and Your word.”

The word “come” enters into my mind:

“Come unto Me, all of you who labor and are
heavy-laden and I will give you rest” 
Matthew 11:28. 

What an incredibly wonderful invitation oh my Three-in-One! I come this morning to You because You are the One who was, and is, and is yet to come:

“Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and
you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy
wine and milk without money and without cost” 
Isaiah 55:1.

I am bankrupt and can not earn the quenching of my thirst. Still, you invite me to come, drink, eat and to allow You to nourish me in my inner person. What an incredible invitation!

“Be Still and Know that I Am God”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n01-5SQFa8
Click on above photo to watch and listen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment