Wednesday, June 29, 2016

FLOURISHING or DECLINING?


This morning as I was spending time alone with God and peering into our back yard, I was struck with how green everything is. As I took in the beauty of the deep green leaves on several aspens and a maple tree coupled with our freshly cut green grass and sought to attend to the voice of God, a word popped into my heart and mind. It was FLOURISH!

As I listened, I sensed my Father God communicate:

Rusty, I want you to flourish like a well-watered garden … not to barely survive, but to enjoy deep friendship, connection, and the wonder of relating deeply with Me as well as with the people I surround you with. I want you to flourish where I have planted you!
 
Flourishing
FLOURISHING
DECLINING









  
They are planted in the house of the LORD; they flourish in the courts of our God. ~ Psalm 92:13 ESV
How about you? Are you flourishing, stagnating, or declining?
To grant to those who mourn in Zion — to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified. ~ Isaiah 61:3 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment