Sunday, February 5, 2017

WHITER THAN SNOW


Last week in Colorado Springs we had a dusting of snow that coated the trees that surround my home with white for a couple of days. It was so beautiful ~ I had to take a picture of it (above). Everything looked so clean and renewed.

In 1974 there was a song by singer Evie Tornquist Karlsson with the title "Clean Before the Lord I Stand." My favorite line in the song was "Clean before my Lord I stand and in me not one blemish does He see." Click here to listen to this song on YouTube.

But how do we see ourselves as we live our day to day lives? Have you ever tuned into your self-talk? Like when you can't find the car keys, your wallet, or purse, what do you end up thinking or saying about yourself deep inside? If you're like me, it might be some nurturing words like you idiot, can't you do anything right. Or when you make a mistake on something that's important to you like giving a speech, leading a Sunday school class, or praying out loud amidst a group of people ... what are the thoughts that run through your heart and mind. That just shows what a loser I am ... I just can't seem to do anything right!

But how does God see you and me? Colossians 1:22 tells us But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation (NIV).

Psalm 32:1,2 and 7 explain Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them ... You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance NIV.

Zephaniah 3:17 serves as the icing on the cake: For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs NLT.

How about you? I'd love to hear your thoughts about this topic. Drop me a note at l2g.forum@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment