Sunday, December 16, 2012

Post # 65 - TOWARD a LIFE of GREATER POWER

One key element of the abundant Christian life 
can only be found when we’re on our knees.


“I TELL YOU the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”  —John. 14:12–14

Have you ever gone on a frantic search for a lost wallet or misplaced keys, only to finally realize that throughout your hunt the lost item was “hidden” right in your hand? This is often the problem we encounter when it comes to living a fuller and more fruitful Christian life. We search frantically in a seemingly endless variety of directions for the abundant life, sometimes for years, only to realize later that the answer was “hidden” right in our own hands all the time.

The promise that Jesus gave us in John 14 is one of the most fantastic in the entire Bible; it is perhaps the most daring claim in history. Jesus’ simple promise reveals that the secret to a powerful Christian life is not in some complicated formula that only the special few can discover and unravel. Instead, the secret is in something so basic that most of us seem to miss it. It is based on the prayer of faith that has its foundation in the promises of God. As E. M. Bounds, great prayer warrior of the nineteenth century, said, “Only God can move mountains, but faith and prayer move God.”

(To read the rest of this article click here


No comments:

Post a Comment