Sunday, May 19, 2013
TO KNOW CHRIST and TO MAKE HIM KNOWN
What L2G can do for you.
There are numerous ways listening to God and healing prayer as presented in A Guide for Listening and Inner-Healing Prayer will minister to the people who read and study it. The overarching goal is to stimulate profound intimacy with Jesus Christ and a weighty experience of His Person that impels true worship and service in Spirit and in Truth. This, in essence, is to truly know Christ. The more people fully know Him, the more passionate and effective they become in deep ministry to others: to make Him know. This mission of The Navigators (To Know Christ and to Make Him Known) is at the very heart of listening and healing prayer.
In addition, engaging in listening prayer as a lifestyle will help you in the following ways:
· Learning how to discern His still small voice and enjoy all the by-products of hearing from Him such as growing in inner assurance, direction in life, personal nurture, a sense of well being, and experiencing yourself as His beloved son or daughter. John 15:9-16, John 16:33, and 1 John 1:1-4. For more about experiencing yourself as His beloved, check out this video song by Tenth Avenue North.
· Setting you free in areas of bondage (such as people-pleasing, fear, depression, anger, excessive need to be in control, drivenness, addiction, etc.) John 8:31-31, Galatians 5:1 & 13, & Romans 8:1-4.
· Empowering you to help others in their healing journey. Jesus intends to use those who receive healing and liberty to help others get free so that inner healing will multiply around the like a gigantic spiritual tsunami Isaiah 61:1, 4, Matthew 10:5-8, & Luke 4:17-21.
· Equipping a church, ministry, organization, or Christian counseling service to add inner healing prayer to the things they offer the community around them. Ephesians 4:11-13 & Colossians 1:28-29.
· Training you toward greater effectiveness in spiritual warfare and prayer. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, & Ephesians 6:10-18.
· Moving you outside of the confines of human reasoning and analysis in dealing with the struggles of life. It will assist you to move more fully into a deep dependence upon God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Ephesians 3:20, Proverbs 3:5-8, & Zechariah 4:4-7.
To see a powerful video that highlights this centerpiece of the Mission of the Messiah, click here.