Sunday, September 29, 2013

SINGING a NEW SONG to GOD


New – I am the One who makes all things new. The old is passing away, behold the new is coming and has come. “Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 49:13 ESV). 

New“… Put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and put on the new self, created after the likeness of God." The old me, my former way of living was crucified on the cross with You, Jesus. In the person of the Holy Spirit, You took up residence in my innermost being since the day I placed my faith in You. You live deep within me renewing and transforming me into Your likeness

Sing a new song to You – I am in the process of becoming who You created me to be even though my body is decaying due to the sin that resides within it. Yet at the same time the new heart you’ve placed within me is being renewed from one degree of glory to another. In the midst of each new and fresh word You speak to me, each new thought You think within me, each renewal of my heart and mind … I yearn to have new words, melodies, and ways of expressing the awe and gratitude I am experiencing back to You. I want to sing You a new song that captures the wonder of what You are doing in and through me. In my more lucid moments, I yearn to bring joy and gladness to Your heart. 

“So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:16-18 ESV). 

Sing Unto the Lord a New Song


What new song is God stirring within you? Comment below or email L2G.Forum@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. What Song am Listening to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was spending time alone with God listening to Him focusing in the word NEW. As I prayed and sought to listen, these were the thoughts that came to me. Over the years I have memorized quite a number of verses. Most of the scriptures that came to me are because of this. "Sing to the Lord a New Song" was composed by Anil & Sheya Kant and I found it on the Internet.

      Delete