Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weakness and Vulnerability


I felt so foolish yesterday for not knowing what to say to Bill on the phone. He was hurting and I felt so inadequate to help him. I feel like I’ve been wasting so much time watching TV and not been seeking You. Please forgive me for not walking more closely with You and for missing the opportunity You gave me on the phone.

I want to listen to You this morning. I desperately need You, Your closeness, perspective, direction … the sense that You are living Your life deep within me. When I speak, I yearn for You to help me to know what to say and how to say it.

But as for me, being near to You oh God is my greatest good. You are my only True Refuge and the One I yearn to be deeply united with. I wait on You and You alone.

Lord Jesus, in Your All Powerful Name I command all the other voices to be silent and not interfere. I desire to hear from You, the One True voice, this morning. What is Your anointed,... life-giving,... renewing,... refreshing, and transformational Word for me this morning? Bring Your word to Your servant in spite of my many faults and weaknesses.

I come to you, my son, despite your imperfections. I am the High Priest who is touched by the feeling of your infirmities. For My word to you is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of your soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow. My word is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of your heart. In fact there is no creature that is hidden from My sight, but all things are open and laid bare to My eyes, the One who has called you to belong to Me.

I am your great High Priest who has passed into the heavens. Yes, I Am Jesus the Son of God. Hold fast to your confession of faith and to the grace by faith relationship of love you have with Me. My son, always remember that you do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with each and every one of your weaknesses. Truth is, I Myself have been tempted in all the things that you struggle with. The difference is that I am without sin. So draw near to Me and My Throne of Grace with confidence, so that You may receive the mercy and grace you need to help you in all your times of need. 

You are Mine! You belong to Me and I will never let you go. You have My word on it!

Thank You Jesus for taking the time to commune with me

A VIDEO SONG ABOUT WEAKNESS

2 comments:

  1. The Lord recently broke into my consciousness with the affirmation, "You are my man!"

    The amazing aspect of this wasn't so much that the Lord said this to me, although it assuredly pierced my heart and had a deep impact, but rather that he did it when I was in an emotional funk. I wasn't seeking his face, necessarily, but was rather wallowing in my own hurt. The fact that the Father did this, only strengthened in me the belief that God loves me deeply in the midst of my being a broken, needy, sometimes helpless human.

    Thanks for being vulnerable with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JB for sharing your story. We were created in the image of God with the idea that we would draw our sense of identity from who HE says we are. I concur: you are His man!

      Delete