Monday, June 16, 2014

How's your heart?

A few unusual things have been going wrong for me over the last few days. To be honest, I've been struggling and wondering why things have seemed to take a turn for the worse. I want to listen to You about all of this and spend some time this morning sitting in Your presence.

In the powerful name of the true Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I command all the other voices (the world, my flesh, the devil, my own understanding and the skepticism of my cognitive analytical mind) to be silent and to not interfere in any way. I want to hear from You, the One True Voice ... the voice of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Would You be pleased to communicate with me just now? Speak Lord, for Your servant is listening. 

As I tune into You and sense Your presence sitting outside in the back yard, I'm realizing how much You have blessed me and of the many things You've allowed me to be a part of that have gone so well over the years. You've blessed my hands with decent home carpentry skills so that I've built tables, kitchens, bookshelves and even the deck that I'm sitting on. You've also given me the high privilege of ministering with a wonderful team that are not only co-workers ... but are like a family, and we enjoy deep biblical community. And You've allowed me to take the message of listening and healing prayer to many different places around the world. Not to mention the blessing of being married and having five wonderful adult children. The list of blessings goes on and on and on ...

I want to listen to You outside sitting on our deck as I enjoy the freshly cut grass and beautiful shady trees. You are God alone! What is Your Living Word for me today?

I am here and I am for you. If I were against you things would be much worse ... these are only minor setbacks. I am on My Throne and I am God alone! Worship Me in the beauty of My incredible holiness! Enjoy Me, My presence ... let My peace, joy, and victory reside and resonate deep within you. 

Allow this mind to be in you and to infiltrate every cell of your being ... even the mind of Christ ... that you empty yourself ... don't be lifted up with pride, demandingness, or self-glory. Instead focus on esteeming others as better than yourself and walking in humility. 

I am Your Father and you are My son. Enjoy the riches and wealth of your relationship with Me.

Thank You Jesus for Your word to me today and for helping me adjust my perspective. You are God alone and I worship You through this song!

YOU ARE GOD ALONE

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your posts week after week! This one I am especially grateful for bec. of the struggle you note and the picture:)) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee,
    I'm glad you follow the posts and especially enjoyed "Getting God's Perspective." The photo is actually of the deck in our backyard.
    Rusty

    ReplyDelete