Sunday, June 8, 2014

Renewing Your Spiritual Vitality



 The highest God above,

Who is and always will be,
The only One who is holy,
Has this to say to you:
I live in the high & holy place,
Yet I am with:
·      The low,
·      The weak, and
·      The humble.
I am the One who renews their vitality and I also revive their strength.                            
                       Paraphrased from Isaiah 57:15 voice

In addition, the Eternal One wants you to understand this:
Heaven is My throne,
And the earth is where I rest My feet.
So what kind of structure would you build Me?
What man-made space could you provide Me as a resting place?
Everything is the product of My hand—
Originating from My being and My doing—
That’s how all you see came into being.
Yes, I made it all!
Nevertheless, I am interested in and set my affection on a unique kind of person.
I have a special place in My heart for the individual who is:
·      Humble and,
·      Downhearted (contrite) and,
·      Who trembles at My word.
Paraphrased from Isaiah 66:1-2 voice

We, too, were foolish, rebellious, and deceived—we were slaves to sensual cravings and pleasures; and we spent our lives being spiteful, envious, hated by many, and hating one another.
But then something happened!
God our Savior with His overpowering love and kindness entered our world:
·      He came to save us.
·      It’s not that we earned this by doing good works or righteous deeds.
·      He came because He is merciful.
·      He brought us out of our old ways of living to a brand new beginning.
How did He and does He accomplish this:
·      Through the washing of regeneration,
·      And by making us completely new through the Holy Spirit,
·      He pours out His mercy on us in abundance...
o   Through Jesus the Anointed, our Savior.
Paraphrased from Titus 3:3-6 voice

If the Old Testament taught us anything it was that willpower is insufficient to gain or enjoy an intimate relationship with God. If we had been able to will our way into right standing with God, then we would have obeyed the law, and Christ would have died in vain.

The New Testament is focused primarily on the renewal of the heart and mind as the key to knowing God intimately and enjoying His friendship. We are unable to earn or merit renewal. It is 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts (Zechariah 6:4.)

How is your spiritual strength and vitality? Where are you focused? Are you trying to earn God's approval by working and trying hard and harder? Or have you fallen on your knees in humility, brokenness, and desperation?

The song, Renew Me, focuses on the important area of supernatural renewal. Below are three different video versions of this inspirational worship song. Take the time to pray through the Listening to God Guidelines. Then pour out your heart to Him as you worship Him.  




Jesus read from Isaiah 61 as He began His ministry on earth. He promised that a big focal point of His mission is to bring healing to the broken places in your heart.  Working your way through A Guide for Listening and Inner-Healing Prayer will help you to meet God in each and every one of your broken places.

No comments:

Post a Comment