Monday, July 14, 2014

My Refuge, Shelter and Protector


In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be ashamed … Incline Your ear to me, rescue me quickly … Be to me a rock of strength, a stronghold to save me. For You are my rock and my fortress. {Taken from Psalm 31:1-3 NASB}

Psalm 31 is so full of truth and encouragement. It is true that You Yourself really are my Shelter, my Protector, my Refuge, my Stronghold, and my Craggy Rock. You hide me in Your High Place from the pernicious attacks of the enemy.


You notice my pain and You are aware of how distressed I am. You do not deliver me over to the power of the enemy; You enable me to stand in a wide open place. How great is Your favor (goodness), which You store up for Your loyal followers! In plain sight of everyone You bestow it on those who take shelter in You. {Taken from Psalm 31:7,8, &19 NET}


My life is not hidden from You. You take notice of every aspect of my life and are fully aware when I am facing stress and difficulty. How wonderful it is that You don’t give me over to the power of the enemy. Instead you empower me to stand in the wide-open place that You promised to me. It’s obvious to me that this isn’t something I earned but that it’s because You decided to bestow Your incredibly great favor upon me. Thank You Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for You goodness to me … at times Your generosity to me is almost overwhelming!



You are My son and My pleasure, grace, and favor rest upon you. Have no other gods before Me. Be wholly Mine. Jesus, I belong to You and You are mine as well! Drink deeply from My well of Living Water. Stay away from the polluted wells. They will not quench your thirst and will only make your life more complicated. Drink Me in so that My river flows in and through you to many others. I am the only True Drink

Water of Life 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment