Sunday, October 26, 2014

How God Used Inner Healing to Transform My Life and Ministry


Anita Albert Watson
 This weeks' blog is the testimony of Christian Life Coach Anita Albert Watson. Thank you Anita for courageously sharing your story.

~ Healing the Coach ~
 
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10

The enemy of our souls is always at work to deceive, diminish, and destroy our sense of self and our understanding of who we are in Christ, and early in my own life, the enemy used my circumstances and experiences against me.

I grew up in a Christian household, daughter to immigrant parents from India, who weren’t available to me emotionally, and who were working out their own inner issues and struggles. The result of this, for me personally, was devastating. I felt unloved, worthless, never able to do anything right, and by the time I was 8 or 9 years old, I began to be plagued by thoughts of suicide.

In my early twenties, I experienced the Holy Spirit and spiritual transformation began to take place. God instantaneously healed many of the broken places, and began a process of healing in other places of brokenness. It was liberating!

So it was much to my surprise when earlier this year, many of the thoughts and emotions that had been healed came back with shocking force! This attack occurred a few weeks before I was launching an online class through my Christian coaching ministry. I was dumbfounded by what was happening on my insides and was unsure about how I could deal with it all.

As God would have it, my husband had recently been given a copy of A Guide to Listening and Inner Healing Prayer, and I snatched it up and began to read. The process described in the book was transformative. I followed the guidelines and God once again reached in and healed my brokenness, and He did so in such a way that it extended to previously hidden places!

I truly believe that working my way through this book saved my life, and that God intended for my complete healing to occur this way. I also believe that God allowed me to experience my brokenness again so that I could go through the inner healing prayer process in order to share it with others.

I launched my coaching class and included inner healing prayer as one of the topics. I shared the book with my class and have been recommending it to other Christian coaches.

Coaching, along with counseling, are tremendous helps to those who need to deal with spiritual and emotional issues, but there are those things that can only be healed by God through prayer!

I believe that all who know or are seeking God amd especially those who work with others for healing should have a copy of A Guide to Listening and Inner Healing Prayer. This is the kind of book that can make all the difference. It did for me!

MEDITATIONAL WORSHIP VIDEO
~ I Wanna’ Be Free ~
 

***************************************************************************

Anita Albert-Watson is a Christian life coach who helps women who are feeling stuck in a rut, or feeling joyless, to discover their God-given design so that they could live passionately and on purpose for the transformation of their lives, the Kingdom, and the world. Learn more at www.passionandpurposecoaching.com

1 comment: