Sunday, December 7, 2014

Living in the Secret Place with the Most High



Listening to God doesn't replace our need to diligently study the Scriptures and master His written Word to become unashamed workers. It's meant to be a life enriching complement.
_____________________________________

This morning I invested a half-hour reading and studying John Chapter 5. 
Afterwards, I spent another half-hour listening for the voice of the Master. I share this intimate time with you in hopes that it encourages you to take the time to listen to Him.

Seeking God when I didn’t really feel like it.

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1 Amplified Bible).

I feel aloof, foggy minded, and distance from You this morning … I really don't feel like seeking You … but, nonetheless, I chose to come to You. In the Powerful Name of the True Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth I command all the other voices to be silent … the voice of the world, of my own flesh, of the enemy, the devil, the voice of my own understanding, and of my skeptical rational mind. In Jesus’ powerful name, I command you all to be silent and not interfere in any way! I want to hear from the One True Voice; the voice of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.  Oh won't You come: renew, refresh, and revitalize me as only You can – from the inside out? Would You be pleased to communicate with me, for I am listening?

(After a few minutes sitting in silence and while gazing out the window, the following thoughts came to me).

“I Am here even though you don't feel or sense Me … here inside of you … here beside you … I have you surrounded. I have you enveloped and hemmed in by My Presence.”

“Walk before Me and be wholly separated unto Me. You belong to Me. You are My servant. I called you to Myself out of darkness into My marvelous light … And I continue to call you even though, at times, you aren't listening and are distracted. Place your entire focus upon Me just now. Look up and out of yourself to Me – the High and Exalted One who resides in eternity. Gaze upon Me! I am the Only One you need, search for, and desire. In Me is light, and in My light you will be truly enlightened with real, true, and abundant life. Search for Me with all of your heart as for a buried treasure … and you will find Me. It pleases Me that you search for Me, yearn for Me, and that you desire to know Me more and more fully.”

“I will work, move, and act and no one can prevent it. Yes, nothing is impossible for Me. Open your mouth and heart, and I Myself will fill you with all that is good, beneficial, life-giving, and that enhances your inner well-being. ‘Exceedingly Abundantly’ is My middle name. Since I spared not My own son … it is My pleasure to generously bestow My favor upon you and gift you with grace upon grace.”


I worship You, oh my Three-in-One. I thank You for choosing me and gifting me with incredible grace. Thank You that I have been lifted up from the garbage heap to belong to You, and have been graced to sit among the princes of Your people. Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that rescued a wretch like me - amazing! I once was lost, but now I’m found. In fact, I was completely bound… but now I am free. Thank You Father. I am grateful to You, Lord Jesus. And Holy Spirit ... I am especially grateful to You for empowering this time of listening intimacy.

I no longer feel aloof and disconnected. Instead I feel held, valued, and connected with the One who freely gives me all that I need for life and godliness. Thank You, my Three-in-One for meeting me in this way and refreshing my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment