Sunday, January 11, 2015

Heaven's Blessing

"A New Year's resolution is a tradition, most common in the western hemisphere but also found in the eastern hemisphere, in which a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement." 

The only problem with this tradition is that the outcome is based on human willpower and resolve. In fact, most New Year's resolutions never come into being. "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."

What if the God who created you wanted to make a promise to you as we move into 2015? God's promise would be based on His power and ability to do "exceedingly abundantly above all that we could even ask or think."

Several weeks ago, I had fallen asleep listening to music through the ear-buds of my iPhone. As I came out of deep sleep the words from "Heaven's Blessing" by Alberto and Kimberly Rivera entered into my mind and heart. It was a moving experience because it was as if God was speaking to me about His incredible plans ... His New Year's plan for me (if you will). I was very moved.

I've listening to "Heaven's Blessing" a number of times since then and even shared it with my coworker, Mark, last Thursday afternoon. I told Mark that I sensed it was a promise from God for me for 2015. After hearing it, Mark asked if it could be it could be his promise as well. I said, "yes, I believed it could for him as well."

So yesterday I made "Heaven's Blessing" into a video presentation so I could share it with you as well. I invite you to consider if God might be speaking to you through this incredibly moving song.

"HEAVEN'S BLESSING"
By Alberto & Kimberly Rivera

Promises of God:
     Isaiah 57:2
     Isaiah 40:31
     2 Corinthians 2:15
     Isaiah 51:16
     Isaiah 43:4-7
     Isaiah 66:1-2
     Isaiah 41:9-10
     Ephesians 3:14-21
     Psalm 40:1-3
     Isaiah 43:10
     Psalm 42:1,7
     Ezekiel 38:23
     John 14:20-21
     John 16:12-15
     Psalm 139:5
     Revelation 21:2
     Isaiah 61:1-4
     John 17:24-26
     Jeremiah 29:11
     Jeremiah 32:38-41
     Malachi 3:10
     Isaiah 64:4
     Ephesians 1:18-21
     Psalm 27:13
     Isaiah 43:19
     Luke 1:38
     Isaiah 60:1-5
     2 Corinthians 6:2















 



No comments:

Post a Comment