Sunday, May 24, 2015

Search Me O God


What occurred inside of us in the midst of painful childhood events is often hidden and buried outside of our awareness (stuffed, unconscious, difficult to discern). In the same way, what goes on deep within us in the midst of difficult life experiences in the present is hard for us to recognize and fully grasp.

But here’s the Good News. You haven’t been abandoned and left all alone. If you know Jesus, the Holy Spirit resides in your innermost being. He can reveal these things to you if you will only ask Him.

The Holy Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets.
       HE was present when you were wounded.
       HE knows what happened down deep inside of you:
       What you came to believe.
       Whether you made an unbiblical vow.
       If you began to follow a defective strategy.
       He also knows how to heal your heart.
       As if this is not enough. HE also has the power to communicate with you in a way that can set you free.

Look at these helpful passages from God’s Word:
The Holy Spirit searches all things and reveals the truth to the heart as in Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way. Psalm 139:23-24 NASB
But as the Scriptures say, No eye has ever seen and no ear has ever heard and it has never occurred to the human heart all the things God prepared for those who love Him. God has shown us these profound and startling realities through His Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep mysteries of God. 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 Voice

Would not the True God have known it? For He can see the hidden places of our hearts. Psalm 44:21 Voice
The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be. Jeremiah 17:9-10 MSG
Ask GOD if there’s an area you’ve been struggling with that He’d like to communicate with you about.
  • Ask Him to help you clarify what you were feeling?
  • Then, Lord Jesus, what happened down deep inside of me?o   What did I come to believe? 
    o   Was there a vow I may have made? 
    o   Is there a strategy I may have began to follow? 
  • What life giving truth do You want to communicate with me?
We’d enjoy hearing what God is doing in your heart, any feedback you might have, questions, or other comments. Either leave a comment below or write us at L2G.Forum@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment