Sunday, June 7, 2015

May 29 & 30, 2015 Listening Prayer Conference Report



Last weekend 150 of us gathered at the Suburban Christian Church in Corvallis, Oregon.  Cynthia and I team taught about listening and inner healing prayer as outlined in the book this blog is all about: A Guide for Listening and Inner Healing Prayer (Meeting God is the Broken Places). And God met with us in a very special way.

Here are a few highlights people reported:
  • He brought up places that have needed healing for a long time that I had no idea about!
  • He spoke to me about my anxiety and the way I use control to try to feel better. He called me to surrender and trust. 
  • I was so encouraged by how God not only spoke to me but others. He revealed Himself in so many different ways. 
  • So tenderly He came to my broken heart. He carried me to a place of healing. Revealed my idolatry. Showed His heart to bring “trust” into my life again.     
  • Despite my cynicism coming into the conference (I was skeptical of the listening prayer process), He showed me a lot about myself now and how some current behaviors have been set since I was a child.  
  • Loved God’s heart to speak to us! Prayer is a two-way conversation. Anyone can hear from the Lord. His heart is for the brokenhearted. To set the captives free!    
  • God is replacing my anger with joy, my bitterness with peace, my aloneness with His presence, my unworthiness with purpose.
The underlying goal of listening prayer is deeper and deeper intimacy with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It’s like what Jesus said in John 17:23: I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

We'd love to hear from you. Write us at L2G.Forum@gmail.com. Tell the world about something precious that God has taken the time to communicate with you! 

Special note: Click on “Events” above to get information about future seminars in Ontario, Canada or Grants Pass, Oregon.    
 

2 comments: