Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Gravity - Beached in Buffalo

~ 10 am - June 16, 2015: Stranded at the airport in Buffalo, New York ~

My 2 pm flight back to Colorado Springs was delayed ten times and cancelled last night at about 9 pm. So I found a 'not so hot' motel and spent the night in Buffalo ... a victim of physical gravity.

"Gravity" is also a song by Shawn McDonald. It begins like this: "The ways of this world are grabbing a hold ... won't let me go, won't let me fly by. Taking its toll down on my soul, 'cause I know what I need in my life. Don't let me lose my sight of You ... don't let me lose my sight!" The refrain cuts in: "I don't want to fall away from you ... gravity is pulling me on down."
Click on this picture to watch & listen to "Gravity"
As I spent hour after hour as a victim of physical gravity (I can't fly), a different kind of gravity began to pull at my soul. This heavier tug on the soul is described well by the next lines of Shawn's song: "This world keeps making my cry, but I'm gonna' try, gonna' try to fly high, gonna' fly high. Don't wanna give into the sin, want to stay in you until the end. Don't want to lose my sight of You ... don't want to lose my sight." 


Funny thing, last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I was carried on eagle's wings as I taught a group of 35 about a deep area of passion in my heart ... 'listening to God as applied to our inner healing' ... and later talked to a mix of prayer ministry leaders and elders. But Monday and Tuesdays' 'beached in Buffalo bummer' experience quickly brought me back to a world full of trial, dysfunction, and temptation. 

My plight helped me to remember something Jesus said to His disciples: "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." John 16:33 Amplified.   

"I want to fly into the sky, turn my back on this old world and leave it all behind. This place is not my home. Its got nothing for me ... only leaves me with emptiness and tears in my eyes."  

Drop me a note and tell me about your experiences with gravity. L2G.Forum@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment