Sunday, June 28, 2015

On a Breezy Thursday Morning


Romans 10:17 says, “And this proves that faith comes from a Message heard, and that the Message comes through its having been spoken by Christ” (Weymouth N.T.).

After exercising the authority of Christ over all of the other voices I ask, what faith-instilling message do You have for me this morning?

Outside my window, I see the wind blowing in the trees and am reminded about the conversation You had with Nicodemus in John 3. He sought You out and You responded by saying, “unless a man is born anew he cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

As Nicodemus questioned what You meant, You responded: “Unless a man is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God. Whatever has been born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever has been born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be astonished at my telling you, ‘You must all be born anew.’ The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So is it with every one who has been born of the Spirit.”

Jesus would You cause the wind of Your Holy Spirit to blow across the embers of my heart to rekindle the fire, gifting, and passion for You that You placed within me and reignite my zeal, passion, love, pursuit, joy, and single heartedness in my relationship with You?

Holy Spirit, You brought 2 Timothy 1:5-8 to mind: “For I recall the sincere faith which is in your heart … For this reason let me remind you to rekindle God's gift which is yours through … [Robin, Carl, Will, and others who mentored me] … For the Spirit which God has given you is not a spirit of cowardice, but one of power and of love and of sound judgment. Do not be ashamed then to bear witness for our Lord and for me His prisoner; but rather share suffering with me in the service of the Good News, strengthened by the power of God.”

Then You reminded me, “For He saved us and called us with a holy call, not in accordance with our desserts, but in accordance with His own purpose and the free grace which He bestowed on us in Christ Jesus before the commencement of the Ages” (Weymouth N.T.). Remember my message to you in 2012 that "before you were even born I chose you to belong to Me and to be doing what you are doing today …”

Father, thank You that You saw me when I was so lost, without direction, and heading in the wrong direction (when I was in the Army back in 1970). By pure grace and unfailing love You "drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure" Psalm 40:2 (RSV).
-  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I’d love to hear your story … where you are at in your relationship with Jesus, what are you yearning for, and what is He communicating to you. Drop your story in a short note to L2G.Forum@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment