Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Answer is Blowin’ in the Wind


Human wisdom, merit, intellect, good works, and achievements are irrelevant when it comes to salvation, intimate relationship, and having favor with the Almighty. I want to listen to You this morning. I prepare my heart: what additional communication do You have for me this morning? 

The blowing of the wind (as You discussed with Nicodemus in John chapter 3) is one the best descriptions of Your work in the hearts of men and women. The blowing of the wind is mysterious: we do not know where it comes from nor do we have any control over it. 

The working of My Spirit in and through you is very similar. You have no control over when I will work in or through you. Yes, you can place yourself in a position where I could work … but you can’t will or think Me into working or in accomplishing great and mighty works deep within you or in the lives of others. Dependence on Me, the Supreme Being, who is both alive within you and yet outside of you is a key facet of how I (God) work in you, around you, through you, and in the world I have created. 

Father God, You blow my mind and surprise me over and over again by the things that You orchestrate and bring into being like the breakthrough You orchestrated with the young man during a recent trip or like when You spoke to me about how You chose me to belong to You during a time alone with You. 

Though My working is similar to the wind, I want you to trust Me … to place your full faith in Me in everything … your work, your marriage, your family, your ministry, and finding things you ‘lose’ (like the car keys and your check book). Remember what I said to you? “I will carry you through if you will (but) risk and pursue.” Pursue Me, and as a demonstration of your trust in Me, allow Me to carry you into situations, relationships, events that you might normally avoid because they make you uncomfortable. 

Follow My advice by personalizing Proverbs 3:5-12 from the Message: “Trust ME from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for MY voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; I’m the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to Me! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health; your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor ME with everything you own; give ME the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over. But don’t, beloved son, resent MY discipline; don’t sulk under MY loving correction. It’s because I love you that I correct you; My fatherly delight is behind all that I bring into your life.” 

What is God teaching you as you listen to Him? L2G.Forum@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment