Sunday, August 23, 2015

THE PSALM 34 CHALLENGE


I read and put Psalm 34 into practice last Wednesday morning. First I studied and underlined the words and phases that stood out and touched my heart. I've typed and paraphrased them below. Then I prayed the Psalm into practice and experienced it.

»» I sought the Lord for help, and He answered me. He saved, rescued and delivered me from all that I feared. This poor, afflicted, and broken man cried out to the Lord in desperation, and He heard me, saved me, and gave me victory over my many troubles and distresses.

Truth is that, even though I can’t see him, the angel of the Lord camps around me, and he protects me. Amazing!

As if this wasn’t enough, the Lord Himself actually sees me: His eyes are always upon me. He really listens to my prayers. Though it sounds too good to be true, His ears are attentive and honed in to my cries for His help. In Genesis 16:13, Hagar experienced God in this same way!

Your Holy Word promises and assures us that You are especially close to all brokenhearted people and that You find joy and delight in rescuing those whose spirits are crushed. That’s because as believers we have many problems, afflictions, and difficulties that are the result of living in broken and dysfunctional world. However when we pour out our hearts to You and lay these burdens at Your feet, You rescue us from them and give us the strength to carry on.

Thank You Lord that as You redeem and ransom the lives of Your servants’ that not one person who trusts and takes refuge in You will be judged as guilty.

As an application of Psalm 34 I spent 20 to 30 minutes calling out to Jesus and making a list of things I wanted Him to rescue and deliver me from. I laid each one of these burdens at His feet. As a result, I went into my day feeling much lighter and freer. I followed David’s example by taking my burdens to Jesus and asking for His help and victory over the things that were troubling and stressing me out.

Let me encourage you to accept the Psalm 34 challenge by spending a morning this week with God making a list of the things you want to be rescued and delivered from and laying each one at His feet. If you accept this challenge, I’d love to hear your experience of Psalm 34 at L2G.Forum@gmail.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment